Triaster is in the midst of developing a variety of cloud-based tools which you can help to create, develop and release. Additionally, you will help continue development and provide support for our existing business process management product which is being used by companies such as Equifax, Skanska & The AA.
You will have a wide variety of opportunities here at Triaster, from utilising technology such as Azure and the MVC design pattern supported by continuous integration and deployment using TFS (Team Foundation Server), to helping to develop and support our existing products, Process Navigator and Ask the Crowd. As an apprentice software developer, you will be exposed to working in a multitude of environments in a well-established company that is looking forward to the future.
Key Job Roles
- Developing Process Navigator which could include fixing bugs or implementing a new feature that has been requested by one of our customers
- Providing support for Process Navigator and helping the team where necessary to ensure customer issues are dealt with
- Development of our new cloud-based tool, Ask the Crowd, all the way through the Software Development Lifecycle
- Writing and maintaining help files to ensure knowledge is documented correctly and effectively allowing staff and users alike to use it as a point of reference
- Daily stand-up meetings with the team to communicate your plan and any issues you may be facing
- Experience with programming in C# or VB.Net
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with effective listening skills
- A motivation to learn and develop knowledge around software development
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- A strong attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to develop their knowledge of creating and maintaining software in a professional environment, learning new skills and being part of a development team.
GCSE Maths and English grade C or higher.
Triaster is a company that is focused on developing its' staff alongside with the business. We promote a friendly culture and as such, along with a competitive salary, the following benefits are offered:
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Flexi-time with up to 13 days per annum of additional flexi-leave
- Performance bonuses
- Company funded social programme
- Fitness at work scheme allowing up to 2 hours a week of time to be spent on fitness with at least one other team member
- Up to 4% stakeholder pension contribution, to match the employee contribution
Please note that this is an office-based role and apprentices must work within core-hours 9-5.30 for the first 3 months before flexi-time is introduced. You must be able to travel daily to the office based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire (Triaster does not permit home-working).
I came here knowing C#, with knowledge of how to make WPF apps and mobile apps, but while being here I’ve learned a lot more, some more general C# knowledge, as well as learning basic VB and its similarities to C#. I’ve learned how to use ASP.net web forms and had a basic rundown of ASP.net core MVC (web development platforms).
Often many of the people here go out for drinks after work together, which definitely helps with everyone’s relationships towards each-other and reinforces the positive environment here.
Ethan, Summer Placement